- The 16th Eco-Products 2014
- December 11th(Thu) - 13th(Sat), 2014
- Opening Hours
- 10:00am - 6:00pm (until 5:00pm on the last day)
- Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo International Exhibition Center)
- Organized by
- Japan Environmental Management Association for Industry (JEMAI)
- Supported by
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; Ministry of the Environment; Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology; Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism; Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries; Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; Nippon Keidanren (Japan Business Federation); Keizai Doyukai (Japan Association of Corporate Executives); The Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry; The Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry; New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization; Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO); Tokyo Metropolitan Government; Saitama Prefecture; Kanagawa Prefecture; Chiba Prefecture, Saitama Prefectural Board of Education, Kanagawa Prefectural Board of Education, Chiba Prefectural Board of Education (Random order)
- Nippon Association of Consumer Specialists, Green Purchasing Network (GPN), Japan Environment Association, Japan Federation of Primary School Principals Association, Japan Private Elementary School Federation, All Japan Junior High School Principals' Association, National Association of Upper Secondary School Principals, The National Federation of Schools Attached to National Universities, Japan Primary and Middle School Environmental Education Forum, Environmental Protection Association of Private Universities, The National Association of Principals of Technical Senior High Schools, The Principal Society of Nationwide Commercial High Schools, The National Association of Principals of Agricultural Senior High Schools, Japan Accreditation Board, The Telecommunication Technology Committee (Random order)
- Media Cooperation
- Nikkei BP EcoManagement Forum, Nikkei Ecology, ecomom, Green Goo, Kyoiku Shinbun, Japan Educational Press (Random order)
- Free (Registration required)
- Expected Number of Exhibitors
- 750 (702 in 2013)
- Expected Number of Booths
- 1,750 (1,703 in 2013)
- Expected Number of Visitors
- 175,000 (169,076 in 2013)
- Prospective Visitors
- Business executives, Managers, Business purchasing depts., Environmental management depts., Product development depts., Corporate strategy depts., Social activity depts., etc.
- Municipal / Government regional development depts., Purchase depts., Environmental depts., etc.
- Industrial organizations, Local business / Commercial organizations, etc.
- Consumers (Families, Housewives, Students, Elementary / Junior-high / High school students)
- NPO / NGO environmental groups, Citizen groups, Persons with interest in the environment
At a meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) held for the first time in Japan in March this year, it was pointed out that continued growth in greenhouse gas emissions will result in extreme events and disasters and increased extinction risk of species. And at the UN Climate Summit 2014 in September, the United States and China made clear that they would positively take measures against global warming.
The Eco-Products Exhibition to be held under these circumstances will be where a variety of stakeholders that include Japan’s leading companies, globally-active NPOs and NGOs, academic and research institutes that conduct cutting-edge research, and administrative organs set up booths and send out information to the world.
The Eco-Products Exhibition has been established as one of the largest environmental exhibitions in Japan and this year’s event will be the 16th of its series. The “Energy Innovation,” a display zone with the theme of energy, and a theme-based zone that features hot keywords such as “ethical” are the new projects for this year. A Hackathon and a World Café will also be held.
The theme for Eco-Products 2014 has been set to be: “Discover Ideas to Change the Future!”
Virtually all the Japanese knowledge about the environment from the most advanced scientific technologies to everyday useful tips is gathered together in the venue of the Eco-Products Exhibition. Why don’t you visit the venue to find them? We are sure that your participation will help trigger a new global collaboration, which in turn will help generate better knowledge.
We heartily look forward to seeing not only those who are interested in environmental businesses and others who conduct research in environmental issues, but also people from all over the world, as we live together on the Earth now and in the future.